[Air-L] Lecturer Position at Cornell

Lee Humphreys lmh13 at cornell.edu
Mon Oct 3 13:49:45 PDT 2011

Apologies for the cross-postings.

Position Available: Lecturer in Communication and Information
Technology in the Department of Communication in the College of
Agriculture and Life Sciences at Cornell University, Ithaca, New York.
(https://cornellu.taleo.net/careersection/10161/jobdetail.ftl?
job=267490)

The Department of Communication is currently searching for a colleague
to teach in the area of Communication and Information Technology, with
an emphasis in one or more of the following: 1) Human-Computer
Interaction, 2) Computer-Mediated Communication, 3) Social Media, and
4) Technology and Society. The communication and information
technology area constitutes one of the Department’s core strengths;
those with connections to other strengths, including media studies,
environment and risk, are particularly encouraged to apply.

This appointment is on an academic year basis (Spring 2012 and Fall
2012), with an opportunity for summer research. This appointment terms
12/31/2012 with possibility for one-year renewal.

Qualifications: Successful candidate will have a Ph.D. in
Communication, Information Science or closely aligned field.

Salary & Benefits:
Cornell offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Women and
minorities are especially encouraged to apply.  For more information
about the Department of Communication, please visit out website: http://communication.cals.cornell.edu
.

Application:
Qualified applicants should send a letter of application addressing
position qualifications and goals, vita, writing sample, names and
contact information of three references to
communication at cornell.edu.   Send official academic transcripts to Dr.
Geri Gay, c/o Kimberly Standridge, Department of Communication, 339
Kennedy Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853. For additional
information, e-mail communication at cornell.edu.   Please also have each
reference submit a letter of recommendation.  Applications will be
reviewed beginning October 15th, 2011 and continue until an acceptable
applicant is identified.

About the Department and College:
The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) is the second
largest undergraduate college at Cornell University and the third
largest college of its kind in the United States. Our teaching and
research facilities are among the finest available anywhere, and the
College's educational programs are designed to ensure that every
student's education is geared to contemporary, real-world issues.
Through teaching, research, and extension -- the three components of
our land-grant mission -- we strive to improve the nation's food
supply and maintain its safety, to enhance the environment, and to
help people improve their lives.

The Department of Communication is a national leader in the study of
communication as a social science. Our faculty and students are
dedicated to understanding the role and enhancing the effectiveness of
communication processes, systems and infrastructure in society.

We explore communication in its many forms and contexts as a
fundamentally social phenomenon. Our faculty members are recognized
for developing and applying novel theoretical perspectives to the most
pressing social and policy issues of the day.

The department is ranked among the top ten in the nation in a recent
poll by the National Research Council. This ranking reflects the
productivity and quality of the faculty and the diversity and success
of our students.

Cornell University seeks to meet the needs of dual career couples, has
a Dual Career program, and is a member of the Upstate New York Higher
Education Recruitment Consortium to assist with dual career searches.
Visit http://www.unyherc.org to see positions available in higher
education in the upstate New York area.

Cornell University, located in Ithaca, New York, is an inclusive,
dynamic, and innovative Ivy League university and New York's land-
grant institution. Its staff, faculty, and students impart an uncommon
sense of larger purpose and contribute creative ideas and best
practices to further the university's mission of teaching, research,
and outreach.
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Developing Leaders, Improving Lives, and Shaping the Future

Cornell University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
educator and employer.

Lee Humphreys, PhD
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Communication