[Air-L] The Julie / Julia Project ... gone!

Aimée Morrison ahm at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Oct 4 17:12:12 PDT 2011

Hello everyone,

Here's a problem of literary work in the Internet age. After verifying that Julie Powell's salon.com blog, the Julie / Julia Project was still online in August, I assigned it to my graduate class along with the book that came out of it, and the movie.

Now? The blog is gone. It's not in the wayback machine. My RA has been digging around and can only confirn that it is gone, taken down deliberately.

Is there any other lurking corner of the Internet in which this blog might still be hiding?

This is actually a pretty acute and serious research and pedagogical question, and I would really appreciate any insight any of you might offer.

Long time reader, first time poster ...

Aimée Morrison, PhD
Associate Professor
Dept. of English Language and Literature
University of Waterloo
@digiwonk
http://www.hookandeye.ca