[Air-L] Deadline Reminder: CFP invisibility research

Ravindra N. Mohabeer mohabeerlists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 12:40:03 PDT 2011

Hi,

Just one week left for the initial deadline for proposals for an edited collection on the construct of invisibility across a spectrum of subjects, time periods, and methodologies. Proposal deadline: OCTOBER 15

The CFP can be found here: http://ideacraft.tumblr.com/cfp

If you are planning on submitting a proposal and might not meet the deadline, or if this is the first time you are reading this CFP and wish to submit a proposal and might not meet the deadline, please do be in touch and I can see if I can work out an alternate arrangement.

To date many very interesting and varied proposals have come in across a range of subjects. Based on the proposals and committed papers thus far, this promises to be a very interesting collection.

I am particularly interested in every proposal yet to arrive, but would particularly welcome anyone doing work in the following areas in addition:

- invisibility in/as religion / worldview / theology
- invisibility in/and the economy
- disease / virus / viral spread
- roads / maps / practices of representing space
- 'black ops' / surveillance / sousveillance
- back rooms / boardrooms
- vice / 'private life' / taboos
- secrets
- compartmentalization

Thanks and all the best from Canada where it is, today, Thanksgiving or, in the academic world, a day to realize how much work you have left to grade just prior to midway through the first semester.

Ravi
Ravindra N. Mohabeer, PhD
Media Studies
Vancouver Island University