[Air-L] qualitative analysis for hypothesis generation and testing

Seda Guerses sguerses at esat.kuleuven.be
Tue Oct 25 01:05:08 PDT 2011

i have a question about qualitative analysis methods. colleagues and i are studying different approaches to privacy within computer science. we want to analyze how they differ based on their implicit and explicit assumptions as well as their objectives. based on previous research, we already have some hypotheses about privacy research within computer science. in part of our study we want to use qualitative methods to inquire whether our hypotheses hold. we also plan to do content analysis to elicit further themes which may not be captured with our hypotheses. i am wondering if there are papers/books on qualitative analysis methods that could help us frame and design our study?
it is not usual or accepted within my subfield of computer science to use qualitative methods, so all recommendations and tips are very welcome.
thank you,
s.