[Air-L] Air-L Digest, Vol 87, Issue 6

Patrick Prax patrick.prax at im.uu.se
Fri Oct 7 09:40:09 PDT 2011

Dear AOIR,

I want to introduce you to a game, "Keys of a Game Space" that was just
finished by Sébastien Genvo, a game designer, researcher and friend of
mine. I think that this kind of games as a expressive digital medium
spread through the internet are part of its influence or potential
influence on society and thus relevant for internet research. It is
available for free at:

http://www.expressivegame.com/

In the game you play a young man who in order to go on with his life,
build a family and become a father, needs to come to terms with his own
childhood and the fact that his father left him and his mother and
abused little girls. This game has given me one of the most intense
experiences ever in connection to a game or any medium. I therefor
recommend you to try it out and see for yourself (and then let us know
how you solved the conflict in the end and how you felt about it).

Greetings,
Patrick

--
Patrick Prax
PhD student, Department of Informatics and Media, Uppsala University
Patrick.Prax at im.uu.se
Office phone: +46184711135 Mobile: +46760427398