[Air-L] Grad Survey Methods Course Survey

Shelia Cotten cotten at uab.edu
Fri Oct 28 03:53:34 PDT 2011

October 28, 2011

Dear AoIR Colleagues,

Last week you received an email informing you of your selection  to participate in a study examining the use of information and communication technologies (ICTs) and how this relates to stress and health among employed  adults 19 and older. As such, your experiences with ICTs are important to us. Your experiences and ideas are vital to the success of this project.  If you have already completed our survey, thanks! If not, we ask that you please complete our survey in the next few days as the survey will be ending early next week.

Below is the link to the survey.  Spending approximately 15-20 minutes completing the survey will aid researchers in understanding how ICT use can impact health and stress among individuals who use them in their jobs. We ask that you complete the survey within the next 3 days. Your responses are confidential and none of your responses can be traced back to you. Your help in forwarding this email to your friends and acquaintances would be greatly appreciated. By doing this, you will enable us to reach more people which will help make this a better study.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/UAB-SOC-ICT-USE-STUDY

This study being is conducted by the Departments of Sociology and Heath Administration Services and the School of Public Health at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Your participation is voluntary. If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please contact us by email at uab.tech.work at gmail.com or contact the principal investigator, Shelia R. Cotten, Ph.D. at 205-934-8678.

If you have questions about your rights as a research participant, or concerns or complaints about the research, you may contact Ms. Denise H. Ball. Ms. Ball is the Interim Director of the Office of the Institutional Review Board for Human Use (OIRB) at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Ms. Ball may be reached at (205) 934-3789 or 1-800-822-8816. If calling the toll-free number, press the option for “all other calls” or for an operator/attendant and ask for extension 4-3789. Regular hours for the Office of the IRB are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday. You may also call this number in the event the research staff cannot be reached or you wish to talk to someone else.Thank you for taking the time to respond to this important survey.

Sincerely,
Shelia Cotten and her Survey Research Graduate Students
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Departments of Sociology and Health Administration and School of Public Health

***************************************
Shelia R. Cotten, PhD
Professor
Department of Sociology