[Air-L] Men and the Internet

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 29 08:07:25 PDT 2011

I don't see any references to pornography. Perhaps your original question
avoided this. I have heard some thesis like "the porno industry is on the
cutting edge of technology". Or "the Internet is supported by the
pornography industry". Also at some point in the 1990's it was assumed that
such a large internet traffic in pictures was pornography use.

These are just conversations I have had with another Internet user who
consults on Internet topics in private industry and I wonder if anyone hears
any truth in these thesis?

I am not sure how you ask Internet users if they have been surfing porno as
it is like a crime survey perhaps hard to ask people these questions because
of embarrassment, privacy etc.

Peter Timusk
at571 at ncf.ca
ptimusk at sympatico.ca