[Air-L] Arab spring & social media evidence

Dr. Rasha Abdulla rasha at aucegypt.edu
Thu Sep 15 11:35:16 PDT 2011

Hi Robert,

I have a survey off Tahrir Square that aims to scientifically establish that
link. Unfortunately I've been too busy to look at the data so far. I've
spoken about how I believe things happened in this domain. (I've been
researching online communication in the Arab world for a decade, and have
three books on the subject). Here's a link to a presentation I gave a couple
of months ago at Personal Democracy Forum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDeOdEtmE70

I'm also writing about this in the Egypt report of the Mapping Digital Media
project, which I'm now finalizing and should be online shortly.

Hope this helps.
Best regards.
Rasha