[Air-L] Alternative to Kress & Leeuwen

Liza Potts lkpotts at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 19:23:51 PDT 2011

If you are looking for something that pulls together theory with practical
application, I highly recommend Document Design by Kimball and Hawkins:
http://www.amazon.com/Document-Design-Guide-Technical-Communicators/dp/0312436998/.
Don't let the title put you off - it's an excellent primer in design and
communication.

If you are specifically looking at issues of content writing and design,
Redish's Letting Go of the Words is fantastic:
http://www.amazon.com/Letting-Go-Words-Interactive-Technologies/dp/0123694868/.
It went over well with my undergrads and masters students, and we used it as
a resource in industry.

Take care,
Liza
Liza Potts, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Digital Humanities
Department of Writing, Rhetoric, & American Cultures
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824
Skype: LKPotts | AIM: LKPotts