[Air-L] Pew Internet invites you to illuminate potential Internet evolution

Janna Anderson andersj at elon.edu
Sat Sep 10 21:03:47 PDT 2011

2011 Pew Internet Expert Survey Invitation

(Please excuse cross-posts; if you have already participated, thank you and please consider sharing the following link with savvy friends and colleagues.)

The Pew Internet Project and Elon University's Imagining the Internet Center are implementing regular surveys to carry on an ongoing conversation about the likely future evolution of the Internet. Among the issues being addressed in our new questions are: the impact of ICTs on higher education, the future of money, the influence of gamification, apps vs. the Web and which will dominate, the influence of Big Data, the fate of "smart systems," the influence of corporate responsibility on our future, and teens-tech-human potential. The results will be made public online in free reports aimed at helping inform our future.

You will find the survey here:
http://survey.fs.elon.edu/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.cgi?9JREK7

You must complete it in one sitting, so don't begin until you have at least 15 to 25 minutes to think it through. The survey will remain open until the end of October.

The Pew Internet Project and Imagining the Internet will issue a series of reports based on this survey starting around the turn of the year. The survey is confidential unless you opt in to sharing your name. We will not use your personal information for any purpose other than this project. This year's new survey question set is the fifth in a series. To see previous results, please go to http://bit.ly/yrgc1

Thank you for your participation!

    Lee Rainie, lrainie at pewinternet.org
    Director, Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project

    Janna Anderson, andersj at elon.edu
    Director, Imagining the Internet, Elon University