[Air-L] IRB and social media

Shelia Cotten cotten at uab.edu
Mon Sep 26 19:52:14 PDT 2011

Hi Monica. The IRB related this to issues with confidentiality, noting that people who 'liked' the post on FB or RTed it on twitter could lose their confidentiality. They have now relented so that we can use Facebook, with very specific wording about NOT liking the post and instructions to people who wish to share it on their FB walls.

I plan to talk with them more tomorrow as RTing or liking something on FB does not mean that you have responded to a survey, etc. And, I plan to note some of the things that members of AoIR and CITASA have suggested today.

I will post a compilation later this week, hopefully after the IRB issue is resolved.

Thanks.

Shelia