[Air-L] Job Announcement: Indiana University School of Informatics and Computing

Eden Medina eden.medina at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 09:05:26 PDT 2011

The School of Informatics and Computing (SoIC) at Indiana University
Bloomington is accepting faculty applications for a position at any
level in Social Informatics (SI), defined as the field of study that
seeks to understand how the computational sciences and digital
technologies shape society and human experience, and how society and
culture, in turn, shape the development of science and technology. We
are especially interested in senior applicants who are internationally
recognized leaders in SI and can help us develop the program further
by building on our existing strengths in social studies of computing,
in which they should have a strong research and teaching profile. The
successful senior candidate should also have interest in at least one
additional area of social informatics in which we are active
(organizational informatics, social media and Internet research,
policy, or social computing). We are also interested in junior
applicants who can move the social studies of computing in new
directions to take it beyond analytical critique and toward the design
and development of new technologies.  The position will begin in Fall
2012. Additional information on the SoIC and Bloomington, and
application requirements and submission instructions, are available at
http://hiring.soic.indiana.edu.  To receive full consideration
applications must be received by November 15, 2011.  Inquiries can be
directed to John Paolillo (Assoc. Prof. Informatics), SI Search
Committee chair (paolillo at indiana.edu).