[Air-L] men and the internet

natalya godbold ngodbold at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 18:24:00 PDT 2011

Broom, A. 2005, 'Virtually He at lthy: The impact of internet use on disease
experience and the doctor-patient relationship', Qualitative Health
Research, vol. 15, no. 3, p. 325.

Broom, A. 2005, 'The eMale: Prostate cancer, masculinity and online support
as a challenge to medical expertise', Journal of Sociology, vol. 41, no. 1,
p. 87.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 12:56 AM, Oded Nov <onov at poly.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
> Check out the following papers on gender and Wikipedia participation
> to be presented at Wikisym 2011 (http://www.wikisym.org/ws2011/):
>
> WP:Clubhouse? An Exploration of Wikipedia's Gender Imbalance
> ~ S.K. Lam, A. Uduwage, Z. Dong, S. Sen, D.R. Musicant, L. Terveen and J.
> Riedl
>
> Gender Differences in Wikipedia Editing
> ~ J. Antin, R. Yee, C. Cheshire and O. Nov
>

> Oded
>
> Oded Nov, PhD
> Assistant Professor
> Department of Technology Management
> Polytechnic Institute of New York University
> onov at poly.edu
> http://www.poly.edu/user/onov
>

> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Gavin Deady <gavin.deady at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> > I wonder if I could pose a question? Would anyone know of any literature
> (or
> > particular authors) around men and the use of the internet. I would be
> > particularly interested in any literature on men and the use of the
> internet
> > for medical purposes.
> > Thanks,
> > Gavin Deady
> >
> > --
> > Gavin Deady.
> > ISSP/ Government of Ireland Doctoral Fellow,
> > NIRSA/ Dept. of Sociology,
> > Social Sciences Building,
> > North Campus,
> > National University of Ireland,Maynooth,
> > Maynooth,
> > Co. Kildare
> > Republic of Ireland.
> >
> > gavin.deady at gmail.com
> > 00353 87 3289294

> > http://www.aoir.org/

Natalya Godbold
PhD Candidate (Human Information Behaviour / Health Communication)
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
University of Technology, Sydney

¯`~.. ¸><((((º>¸. .~´¯`~.. ¸><((((º>¸. .~´¯`~.. ¸><((((º>¸.
.><((((º>`~.¸¸.~´¯`~.¸.~´¯`~...¸><((((º> .,,.~´¯`~.. ¸><((((º>¸.

UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If
immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with
authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology
Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and
defects.

Think. Green. Do.