[Air-L] text for undergrad internet studies class

Holly Kruse holly.kruse at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 13:59:31 PDT 2011

I'm once again going to be teaching a general internet/new media
studies class to undergraduates. I taught such a class several times a
few years ago, and while I used a variety of readings, I also used a
textbook: Thurlow, Lengel, and Tomic's Computer Mediated
Communication. As far as I can tell there is no new edition of this
textbook, and it's quite dated now (I seem to remember being surveyed
about a forthcoming edition of the book, but apparently that update
never happened).

Is there any kind of equivalent textbook out there? I really liked
having the Thurlow, Lengel, and Tomic text and using other readings
with it, so I hope I can find something to take its place for my
spring class.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Holly

(I might add that I'm quite familiar with Nancy Baym's Personal
Connections in the Digital Age and will use readings from it and quite
recommend it, but I'm really looking for a textbook. Again, thanks!)