[Air-L] Facebook Group Research & Tools

Kevin Guidry krguidry at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 10:30:03 PDT 2011

All,

I'm working with a group of Master's students who are beginning a
study examining the messages posted to a large, active Facebook group.
 First, is there any "must have" literature focusing specifically on
Facebook groups?  I'm well-versed in the broader Facebook and college
student technology use literature but I'm not aware of any good
studies in this specific area so your guidance would be appreciated.
Second, are there any tools that automate or make it easy to download
messages posted to a Facebook group?  I'm helping these students
search for any relevant tools but it's difficult because the space is
extremely crowded with SEO and marketing "tools" and "research."

Kevin