[Air-L] PLEASE POST : Subjects needed for Fantasy Project

June Luchjenbroers els603 at bangor.ac.uk
Sat Sep 10 11:03:55 PDT 2011

Hi all,

We hope that members of this list will consider
(i) participating in this study, and/or
(ii) posting details of this study where possible to help
advertise the project?

Michelle Aldridge (Communication, Cardiff Univ) and
I (June Luchjenbroers, Linguistics Bangor Univ) are running
a new Survey, and we aim to capture an International,
discourse corpus of people's fantasies as communicated
online. The full title of this project is: "A cross-cultural
study of people's fantasies : The linguistic structure of
fantasies across social groups."

Participation is accomplished through the Survey Monkey
link offered below.
To begin, roughly 6 unidentifying questions about the
submitter are asked (eg country, age group, gender,
English ability) and then after the fantasy is offered
(in complete anonymity) we ask another 5-6 questions
that relate to that fantasy. The entire process is completely
anonymous and this project has University ethical approval.

Also of importance is that we are not targeting any particular
type of fantasy and All types of fantasy will be welcome contributions.

The link is now LIVE and will be open until 1 October 2011
_https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FantasyResearch2011_

cheers,
June & Michelle