[Air-L] Query re readings for course, "Gender, Information Technology, and Transnational Cultures"

McLaughlin, Lisa M. Dr. mclauglm at muohio.edu
Tue Sep 20 17:44:26 PDT 2011

Hello to all,

I am in the process of searching for readings to assign in a
newly-developed/developing course that I will be teaching in Spring 2012
semester. It's titled "Gender, Information Technology, and Transnational
Cultures" (long title, I know, but we couldn't figure out how to shorten
it). While I already have chosen several important readings for the course,
I'd like to take advantage of the expertise of members of this list in case
you have suggestions for other pertinent readings. Although there will be a
few readings on gender and IT in general, the focus really is on gender and
ICTs. After conducting a search, I don't think that it will be possible to
choose a primary text that is capable of capturing the breadth of this
course, but, if you have suggestions for one, I also would appreciate
hearing from you.

[By the way, the course is cross-listed for junior and senior undergraduate
students and graduate students in Media Studies and Women's, Gender, and
Sexuality Studies.]

Thanks and all the best,

Lisa

--
Lisa McLaughlin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Media, Journalism and Film Studies & Program in

Contact:
Mass Communication
Williams Hall
Miami University-Ohio