[Air-L] New Book announcement: Time on TV

Paul Booth pbooth at depaul.edu
Tue Apr 17 07:02:39 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Pardon the cross-posting, but I wanted to announce the publication of
my new book, Time on TV: Temporal Displacement and Mashup Television
(New York: Peter Lang, 2012). ISBN-10: 1433115697; ISBN-13:
978-1433115691. It relates the temporal aesthetics of contemporary
television to recent changes in social media.

Table of Contents:
Introduction: Temporal Displacement and Mashup Television
One: Television and Transgenic Media
Two: Transgenic Memories
Three: Personal History as Explorational Media
Four: Time Travel and the Codification of Narrative/History
Five: Time Travel and the Production of Narrative/History
Six: Temporal Displacement as (Social) Networking
Seven: The Future of (Mashup) Television?

>From the book description: Time on TV examines the massive aesthetic
and structural changes happening across today's television programs.
Time travel, flash forwards, fake memories: Paul Booth's analysis
reveals the theory and practices that are changing television and
online media as we know them. His engaging examination of the mashup
of television and social media uncovers a temporal complexity at the
heart of our own lives. The characteristically enigmatic television
narrative becomes emblematic of a very human interaction with social
and digital media. A perfect book for twenty-first century television
studies, media studies, or anyone who wants to know why there's so
much time travel on television, Time on TV answers questions you
didn't even know you had about today's television, digital technology,
and our daily lives.

Please let me know if you’d like more info (pbooth at depaul.edu).

Thanks!

Paul

--
Paul Booth, PhD
Assistant Professor of New Media and Technology