[Air-L] FW: [JoCI] Special Issue: Community Informatics and Open Government Data

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 06:18:59 PDT 2012

Readers:

The Journal of Community Informatics has just published its latest issue at
http://ci-journal.net/index.php/ciej. We invite you to review the Table of
Contents here and then visit our web site to review articles and items of
interest.

This special issue edited by Tim Davies and Zainab Bawa is being offered as
a constructive contribution to the developing debates and practices of Open
Government Data - as global infrastructures, technical architectures, and
grassroots movements co-evolve. It is published as a rolling issue, with an
initial set of papers made available in April 2012, and a further set of
papers (currently going through the review process), and field notes
(responding to emerging themes) to be published later in the year. Our hope
is that this provides a way to combine the editorial and review processes of
putting together a journal issue, with a rapidly emerging and evolving
field, where developments far outpace the speed of conventional scholarly
publishing.

Thanks for the continuing interest in our work,

Michael Gurstein, Ph.D.
Editor in Chief: Journal of Community Informatics,
Vancouver CANADA
Phone 604-602-0624
gurstein at gmail.com

The Journal of Community Informatics
Special Issue: Community Informatics and Open Government Data Table of
Contents http://ci-journal.net/index.php/ciej/issue/view/41

Editorial
--------
The Promises and Perils of Open Government Data (OGD)
	Tim G. Davies,	Zainab Ashraf Bawa

Two Worlds of Open Government Data:  Getting the Lowdown on Public Toilets
in Chennai and Other Matters
	Michael Gurstein

Articles
--------
"This is what modern deregulation looks like" :  co-optation and
contestation in the shaping of the UK's Open Government Data Initiative
	Jo Bates

Design Issues for Building Deliberative Digital Habitats
	Fiorella De Cindio

The Rhetoric of Transparency and its Reality: Transparent Territories,
Opaque Power and Empowerment
	Bhuvaneswari Raman

Data Template For District Economic Planning
	Sharadini Rath

Notes from the field
--------
Open Data - what the citizens really want
	Wolfgang Both

Some Observations on the Practice of "Open Data" As Opposed to Its Promise
	Roland J. Cole

Apps For Amsterdam
	Tom Demeyer

Collecting data in Chennai City and the limits of openness
	Nithya V Raman

Notes and cases from the field (practitioners)
--------
Mapping the Tso Kar basin in Ladakh
	Shashank Srinivasan