[Air-L] Impact on Netflix on Child Patience/Media Expectations

Steven Clift slc at publicus.net
Tue Apr 17 11:48:28 PDT 2012

I just asked my four year old daughter for my mobile and interrupted her
grabbing a quick show on Netflix.

Having two small children almost exclusively raised on Tivo and Netflix
with everything on demand must have some kind of impact. With the iPad I
find myself saying, play a game, color, or visit the interactive dinosaur
book instead of a "show." I'd say my kids are still modest when it come to
overall screen time, but this on-demand/explore a lot approach must have an
impact.

Anyway, is there any research into the realm of note?

Steven Clift
E-Democracy.org