[Air-L] Examples of information visualisations

Derek Hansen shakmatt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 07:14:56 PDT 2012

NodeXL is designed for network visualization, but we've begun to
integrate text in interesting ways. For example see:
http://www.nodexlgraphgallery.org/Pages/Graph.aspx?graphID=525

In the graph, which was created by Marc Smith,users are clustered
based on their network connections (not their use of words). Next, the
most common words are overlaid on top of the network clusters to give
a sense of what each cluster is discussing. Data for this network is
pulled from everyone who said "pinkslime" on Twitter during a certain
time period (see details underneath graph).

Derek Hansen
Assistant Professor
Brigham Young University