[Air-L] Sampling for online qualitative studies (Lukasz Szulc)

Szulc Lukasz Lukasz.Szulc at ua.ac.be
Thu Apr 5 00:39:42 PDT 2012

Dear Rebecca,

I recommend you to check CMDA approach (Computer-mediated discourse analysis). It's more sociolinguistic approach but could be helpful in other fields as well. Especially, I recommend you the following article, which present more qualitative but still rigorous approach to online sampling:

Herring, S. C. (2004). Computer-Mediated Discourse Analysis: An Approach to Researching Online Behavior Designing for Virtual Communities in the Service of Learning. S. A. Barab, R. Kling and J. H. Gray. New York, Cambridge University Press: 338-376.
The article is available here: http://ella.slis.indiana.edu/~herring/cmda.pdf

Best,
Lukasz

Lukasz Szulc