[Air-L] 140kit back online

Devin Gaffney itsme at devingaffney.com
Thu Apr 5 15:41:03 PDT 2012

Hey folks,

My name's Devin Gaffney, and I'm currently over at Oxford Internet Institute doing my MSc. A while back, I was providing a service called 140kit.com, which was a site where a researcher could throw in a term, and tweets including that term would be automatically collected. At that point, you would be able to download the raw data or run our on-site analytics.

Well, that ended because of two things - one, we lost a bunch of steam when Twitter disallowed raw data outputs for third parties - analytics were still fine, however. Second, our previous hosting situation, which was provided to us for free, finally fell through, and we don't have money (its just me and another programmer) to pour into this thing.

Either way, we have spent the last year (wow) doing on-and-off re-workings on the system, and its feeling pretty solid, so we're opening it up. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know off list.

http://140kit.com

Thanks!