[Air-L] Summer School - Media Ecology Workshop at Jagiellonian University, Poland

magdalena zdrodowska m.zdrodowska at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 03:41:34 PDT 2012

Dear All,

Please forward the information about Summer School  Media Ecology Workshop
to students, Ph.D candidates and others that might be interested in taking
part in it.

Please find all the information below.

Call for participation

Media Ecology Worshop

Summer school at Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland

http://www.media-ecologies.pl/

The main aim of the project is to gather people with diverse educational
background and to create a friendly environment suitable for
interdisciplinary experiments with low tech tools. We envision this project
as an open platform for the different projects in which participants who
represent various disciplines, paradigms and perspectives would support
each others’ efforts throughout discussions, commentaries and collective
effort. What we would like to achieve is an interdisciplinary, teamwork
research on subjects proposed by participants.

During the summer school we would also like to offer you lectures and
workshops prepared by invited key note speakers. We hope that contact with
them will help the participants  in conducting their own research, artistic
or scientific projects. We intent this event to be the first step in the
process of creation network of people willing to contribute in the
interdisciplinary research and dialog.

Workshop leaders: Rachelle Viader Knowles (Canada), Monika Górska-Olesinska
(Poland), Jan Argasiński (Poland), Levente Polyak(Hungary), Michal
Kindernay (Czech Republic), Piotr Klepacki (Poland), Anna Nacher& Marek
Styczynski (Poland).

The summer school is addressed to students, Ph. D. candidates and
professionals from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and other
countries with no restriction to the faculties they represent.
Representatives of humanities, arts and social studies and natural studies
are welcome. All candidates willing to participate in this event are
expected to submit a proposal for their social, artistic or research
project, which deals with, but is not restricted to, such topics as:

- urban versus rural ecology in the context of media practices
- mobile media and social media
- soundscape, mediascape & landscape.
We are looking for original, simple, low tech, D.I.Y style projects that
can be conceptualized during the two weeks of the workshop (but needn’t be
finalized within this timeframe).

The summer school will take place between *6 and 19th July 2012*. During
the event we will leave Krakow for five days as three workshops will take
place at Sopatowiec between *9 and 13th July*.

The deadline for the sublission is *1* *of* *June* *2012*.

Please send us the applications including your:

- name

- afiliation

- description of your project (max. 500 words)

at the address: mediaecologies(at)gmail.com

* Fee*

The participation fee is 100EUR.

--
Magdalena Zdrodowska, Ph.D.