[Air-L] Fwd: [ciresearchers] FW: [AISWorld] PhD studentship in the Department of Computing, The Open University, UK

gene loeb geneloeb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 14:26:19 PDT 2012

For your interest
This looks good.'
Gene

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: michael gurstein <gurstein at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Subject: [ciresearchers] FW: [AISWorld] PhD studentship in the Department
of Computing,The Open University, UK
To: ciresearchers at vancouvercommunity.net
Cc: shailey_lists at yahoo.co.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: aisworld-bounces at lists.aisnet.org
[mailto:aisworld-bounces at lists.aisnet.org] On Behalf Of Shailey Minocha
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 10:08 AM
To: aisworld at lists.aisnet.org
Subject: [AISWorld] PhD studentship in the Department of Computing,The Open
University, UK

Full-time PhD Studentship, Department of Computing

Centre for Research in Computing
Faculty of Maths, Computing and Technology

Based in Milton Keynes, UK
Three-year PhD studentship

Project title: Investigating the success factors in the creation and
sustenance of online communities

This project aims to investigate: the factors that contribute towards the
creation and sustenance of online (2D and 3D) virtual communities, and the
challenges that communities experience to sustain themselves? The outcomes
of this project will be of particular interest to organisations in the
e-government and e-commerce domains that are aiming to engage with customers
through online communities with the objective of co-designing products and
services with their customers.

The project builds on our research in the domains of social software and
e-society (e.g. e-commerce, e-health and e-government environments). Please
see this website for a list of our publications:
<http://oro.open.ac.uk/view/person/sm577.html>

Skills and background required: Due to the interdisciplinary nature of the
proposed research we would like to hear from candidates who have a Masters
Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Business, or a related
discipline, and have an outstanding research potential with a keen interest
in Computer-supported Co-operative Work (CSCW) and social software. Informal
enquiries about the proposed research can be made by e-mail to Dr. Shailey
Minocha, <s.minocha at open.ac.uk>.

The Open University is one of the UK’s leading Research Institutions. In the
2008 RAE over 50% of its research was rated as “world leading” or
“internationally excellent”.

There is a vibrant international community of students studying our MRes and
PhD programmes. The Open University provides excellent support for students
and offers a full range of training in computer, library and presentation
skills. Students are normally expected to live within commuting distance of
Milton Keynes.

 For details on how to apply: please see <http://tinyurl.com/mcb7xw> and
<http://www3.open.ac.uk/employment/job-details.asp?id=6175>

Closing date: 1 May 2012.

Interviews will commence in late May 2012.

message unsub (sub) ciresearchers