[Air-L] Call for Conference Proposals: Higher Education Teaching and Learning: Exploring Spaces for Learning, Orlando, January 2013

Patrick Blessinger patrickblessinger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 16:08:34 PDT 2012

Our website is now open to submit your proposal to the Higher Education
Teaching and Learning Association <http://hetl.org/> International
Conference, which will be held here in Orlando next January in cooperation
with the Karen L. Smith Faculty Center for Teaching and
Learning<http://www.fctl.ucf.edu/>
* *at the University of Central Florida <http://www.ucf.edu/>.  The theme
of this interdisciplinary conference, *Exploring Spaces for Learning*, will
accommodate a wide range of faculty development concerns, including*
*engagement
with students in informal learning sites, virtual learning spaces, global
classrooms, and sites for experiential learning. A proceedings of book
abstracts will be produced. The best papers will be published in the *HETL
Review <http://hetl.org/>* online journal.****

** **

The conference will feature three content tracks: ****

Track 1: Engaging and retaining students using *cutting-edge technologies*;*
***

Track 2: Engaging and retaining students using *innovative pedagogies*;****

Track 3: Engaging and retaining students using *international collaborations
*.****

** **

*Proposals are due before May 18.*  Please go to this URL to find more info
about the event and to submit a proposal:  http://www.fctl.ucf.edu/hetl2013/ .
We hope to see you in Orlando. If you have any questions, please do not
hesitate to contact me. Please forward this announcement to your colleagues.
****

* *

Best regards,****

** **

* Charles Wankel*, St. John's University, New York, Program Co-Chair****

*Melody Bowdon*, University of Central Florida, Program Co-Chair****

*Patrick Blessinger*, HETL, Chair of the Cutting-Edge Technologies Track****

* Olga Kovbasyuk*, Far East Russia Global Learning Center, Chair,
Innovative Pedagogies Track****

* Agata Stachowicz-Stanusch*, Silesian U. of Technology, Chair,
International Collaborations Track