[Air-L] Public Sphere Article?

Joe Williams jjwilliams at ualr.edu
Tue Aug 14 12:20:25 PDT 2012

Just want to echo Tyler that Michael Warner is very good and quite
accessible.

If you're looking for foundational stuff, I'd also consider Dewey's _The
Public and Its Problems_, as well as Hannah Arendt's _The Human Condition_
(there is a particular chapter focused on publicness).

If you want to extend the conversation in a slightly more sociological
direction, Erving Goffman's _The Presentation of Self in Everyday Life_ is
helpful.

--Joe