[Air-L] What kind of data do you content analyze?

Luis Hestres luishestres at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 18:43:17 PDT 2012

Kevin,

I am planning a content analysis of emails from climate change and environmental organizations, part of which will involve coding for the presence of certain climate-related frames. Just last night I handed in a proposal  to that effect as part of an digital research methods class. One of the methods I considered was some sort of automated text analysis but given the relatively small sample--no more than 500 emails--I decided to go with a traditional content analysis instead.

Hope that helps,

Luis
- - - - -
Luis E. Hestres
Ph.D. student | School of Communication | American University
More about me at luishestres.com