[Air-L] the principle of charity

Burcu Bakioglu bbakiogl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 07:06:14 PDT 2012

I am going to second this post after what went down on this list within the
last few weeks. I, for one, don't feel like posting anything here anymore
for fear of being ruthlessly judged and cornered into a defensive position
rather than being engaged in a constructive argument. There are a lot of
other things I can say on this, but I won't. That would be my two cents...

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 7:44 AM, jeremy hunsinger <jhuns at vt.edu> wrote:

> I would just like to remind people of the principle of charity, which
> holds that before we evaluate a position, concept, theory, or argument, we
> first try to understand its most convincing, persuasive, or strongest form.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_charity

Thanks,

Burcu S. Bakioglu, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow in New Media
Lawrence University

http://www.palefirer.com
http://palefirer.com/blog/

--
"Come to the dark side, we have cookies."
~Anonymous