[Air-L] Fwd: [IAMCR] IAMCR 2013 - "Crises, 'Creative Destruction' and the Global Power and Communication Orders"

jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Wed Aug 8 12:28:57 PDT 2012

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Bruce Girard <bgirard at comunica.org>
> Subject: [IAMCR] IAMCR 2013 - "Crises, 'Creative Destruction' and the Global Power and Communication Orders"
> Date: August 8, 2012 3:18:28 PM EDT
> To: IAMCR Announcements <announcements at iamcr.org>
>
> From http://iamcr.org/congress/dublin2013/919-2013
>
> We are pleased to announce that IAMCR's 2013 conference will take place in Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland from 25-29 June, 2013. The overarching theme of the conference is "Crises, 'Creative Destruction' and the Global Power and Communication Orders".
>
> The conference theme engages with the concepts of crisis and "creative destruction", associated with historically-rare periods of intensified flux, change and all-round, multi-dimensional processes of innovation.
> The theme invites reflections on whether or how the current deep economic/financial crisis and its attendant gales of "creative destruction" may promote deep, fundamental or multiple shifts in       the geo-political and communication orders globally. Examples of specific sub-themes here include considerations of whether and how the current crisis may serve to:
>
> Reshape the roles, operations and key features of mediated communication, not least the enhanced role of social media forms and practices;
> Amplify tendencies or shifts towards new geo-political configurations, including an expanded role for the media and cultural services in the operation of global power and hegemony;
> Accelerate change in the inter-play between "new" and "mature" media institutions and their typical practices, cultural forms, and policy frameworks;
> Amplify the search for new and more globally attuned theories and concepts within the expanding and rapidly diffusing field of media communication studies.
> For further information on this conference theme, please see the Call for Papers at on the IAMCR 2013 conference website.
>
> KEY DATES:
> 28 Jan. 2013: Deadline for submission of Abstracts
> 28 Feb. 2013: Results of Abstract Review process
> 21 March 2013: "Early Bird" Registration closes.
> 15 May 2013: Closing date for Registration.
>
> WEBSITE: Version 1.0 of the special website for the IAMCR 2013 conference is now available at www.iamcr2013dublin.com. The website will be regularly updated with information over the coming months.
>
> If you have any special queries, please contact the local organising team via email at: info (at) iamcr2013dublin.com
>
> Paschal Preston,
> Chair of the Local organising team,
> School of Communication,
> Dublin City University
>
> --
> | Bruce Girard | www.comunica.org |
> | tel: +598 2410.2979 | mobile: +598 99 189.652 |
> | Dr. Pablo de María 1036 | Montevideo, Uruguay |
> --
> International Association for Media and Communication Research | http://iamcr.org
>
> Join IAMCR | http://iamcr.org/join
> [...]

Jeremy Hunsinger
Communication Studies
Wilfrid Laurier University
Center for Digital Discourse and Culture
Virginia Tech

() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments

http://www.tmttlt.com

You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
--Mark Twain