[Air-L] What kind of data do you content analyze?

John McAuley john.mcauley at cs.tcd.ie
Fri Aug 10 03:59:38 PDT 2012

Hi Kevin,

I'd be interested using such as tool to analyse the "maintenance work" that
is done in a social media community. I conducted a study, using manual
content analysis, on comments in a large scale online community.  I was
attempting to categorise the sort of work that is done in the community,
to maintain social order and ensure the community remains both an
interesting and friendly place for new and existing users.  We manually
coded a sample set of comments, and developed a taxonomy. I was hoping to
advance this work using text analytics to address the entire dataset, as, I
imagine, the coded comments could be used as a training set.

Let me know if this is along the lines of what you are thinking.

Rgds,