[Air-L] Looking for a free Wordpress site that allows template programming

Alexander Halavais halavais at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 22:37:42 PDT 2012

I don't know of one. From my perspective, for a course with a name like
"advanced web site design" it isn't unreasonable to ask students to get
their own accounts on something like BlueHost. Because of the expense of
this, I got together with friends and set up a reseller to get students an
account for $36 a year (others can match this, but then up it considerably
after the first year). Contact me if you are interested, this already
starts to sound somewhat spammy ;). It ends up costing the same or less
than a text book.

The other host I've had students use is called NearlyFreeSpeech It lives up
to the name. The only difficulty is that it is set up in a somewhat
idiosyncratic way, and so students end up learning to use that particular
host--knowledge that doesn't translate so well to later projects...

Alex