[Air-L] Looking for a free Wordpress site that allows template programming

xDxD.vs.xDxD xdxd.vs.xdxd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 22:43:01 PDT 2012

hello there!

(sorry if i'm saying something which you have already tried out)

have you considered using Bitnami?

http://bitnami.org/

Bitnami offers complete software stacks (including Wordpress based ones)
which can be installed locally on your computer with a simple next > next >
next type wizard

we use this all the time with our students:

- it installs in a snap on a local folder
- you don't have to be administrator of your computer
- it includes Apache+MySQL+PHP+Wordpress (or other CMS if you download
another stack)
- it's fully functional, it's like having a hosting on your machine

each of our students installs one of these and works on his/her machine
just as if it was a hosting online

even better, they also are able to do more things, since they have complete
control of their machine, like being able to schedule script execution and
things like that

when they're finished, they can choose to get their own hosting if they're
satisfied with the result (and most of the time we buy and share a single
hosting for the entire class where we install all the project works: with
20 students it's about 1 euro/month for a very good hosting).

to bring the project works online it's just a matter of uploading a
directory using FTP and exporting-->importing a database

hope it helps

all the best,
Salvatore

--