[Air-L] grading schemes that emulate gaming achievements, quests, etc.

MacDougall, Robert robert_macdougall at post03.curry.edu
Thu Aug 2 09:26:11 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I recall a few people who have discussed various "gaming grading strategies."  In theory, these can streamline the grading process, enhance student awareness and tracking of their progress through our courses, etc, but I have not actually gotten any detail on how this actually works in practice.

If anyone on this list has experimented with such grading methods, or can point me to a few links they might know of that can provide this sort of info, please pass along.  I have several colleagues interested in the possibilities.

Thanks
-rob

Robert MacDougall
Professor, Communication/Media Studies