[Air-L] material for Digital Storytelling course

Tanya Notley T.Notley at uws.edu.au
Mon Aug 20 17:05:56 PDT 2012

Hi Stefania

A few more resources that might be useful:

http://datajournalismhandbook.org/: ³This book is intended to be a useful
resource for anyone who thinks that they might be interested in becoming a
data journalist, or dabbling in data journalism.² (some wonderful case
studies in this too).

http://drawingbynumbers.org/: The latest resource from Tactical Technology
Collective. ³This site is for activists and data journalists who want to
use data and design to strengthen their campaigns and for advocates and
activists to inspire them to create visualisations of their evidence.²

http://www.poweringanation.org/ called an "experiment in journalistic
storytelling" this is really an excellent example of a post-graduate
project that explores how new modes of storytelling can make large
datasets accessible and meaningful to news audiences. My favourite example
is ŒCoal: A love story¹. You can find this and work from past years here.
http://www.poweringanation.org/index.php/new-stories.html

I¹m designing a new unit right now on Transmedia Production and would be
happy to share relevant resources that cross over.

Cheers
Tanya

Dr. Tanya Notley
Lecturer
School of Humanities and Communication Arts
University of Western Sydney
Staff Profile
<http://www.uws.edu.au/staff_profiles/uws_profiles/doctor_tanya_notley>
Twitter: @tattinot