[Air-L] Inclusion of short links in academic publications?

Monica Barratt tronica at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 23:28:18 PDT 2012

I also used this discussion as a basis for decisions I made in
referencing for my PhD which was passed in June. At the end of any
reference available online, I gave both the original URL and a web
citation archive URL (webcitation.org). This discussion persuaded me
of the wisdom of providing both original and archive URLs. Examiners
were happy with this but I think it's true value will be appreciated
as time passes and the archived URLs become more useful to view
material no longer hosted at its original location, assuming that
webcitation.org survives!

Thanks to all who participated :)

Monica