[Air-L] Wikipedia article edit history extraction tools?

Stuart Shulman stuart.shulman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 04:14:04 PDT 2012

For some wikipedia text extraction, try the free open source InfoExtractor

http://www.infoextractor.org/

A sample of what you get is below. It may not get exactly what you need,
but the inventor is open to ideas for how to improve it.

Discussions extracted from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obama

TITLE: Time for a Featured Article Review?
USER: Tarc
DATE: 01:11, 2 August 2012 (UTC)}}
TALK: It is time to put this baby to bed. The Featured Article Review
process is not to be used or abused because one does not like certain
things in an article, those are issues that we handle via normal, simple
editing procedures. FAR is to identify and correct major deficiencies in a
Featured Article that call into question it still being an FA at all. This
ain't that, time to move on.

USER: John
DATE: 17:55, 27 July 2012 (UTC)
TALK: I hadn't read this for quite a while and I see quite a few problems
with its quality. I also notice its Featured Article status hasn't been
properly reviewed since 2008. In that time, standards at FA have risen
significantly. I wonder how regular editors would feel about conducting a
proper audit to see whether the wider community think this article meets
current FA criteria? I feel it could only benefit the article to undergo
such a process. --

USER: Scjessey
DATE: 18:02, 27 July 2012 (UTC)
TALK: We're barely 100 days out from the election, and this article will
doubtless receive a growing number of attacks from vandals and POV warriors
if 2008 was any indication. Are you sure you want to get into a FAR
procedure with all that going on? A review would be welcome, but only after
the seas are calmer. --