[Air-L] CFP: Technology and Emerging Media / NEW DEADLINE: Dec 10

Guillaume Latzko-Toth guillaume.latzko at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 10:12:28 PST 2012

***** Please note that the extended deadline for paper and panel proposals
is December 10, 2012*****

* CCA 2013 Annual meeting: Call for papers on the theme "Technology and
Emerging Media" *

Spurred by the success of last year¹s call, we once again invite you to
submit a paper to the Technology and Emerging Media track at the next
Canadian Communication Association Conference that will take place in
Victoria, British Columbia from June 5 to 7, 2013.

While the first "TEM Proceedings" are about to be published, we also invite
you to consider submitting a short paper (2500-3000 words) relating to the
presentation you plan to do in the TEM track next June. Detailed guidelines
will be posted on the proceedings website and e-mailed later on.

The "Technology and Emerging Media" track covers works on research objects
or problematics which address the following topics:

- Information and communication technologies, notably from the points of
view of their design, diffusion, and uses;
- Digital media and related social phenomena;
- Issues related to recent technological developments in the field of
communication: social media/social Web, mobile media, online games, and new
diffusion platforms for traditional media.

Encouraged by the positive response we received to the idea of establishing
a formal interest group on this theme within CCA, we would like to go ahead
with this project. A 2nd meeting will be held during the conference. This
time we will discuss the goals, structure and activities of the future
interest group, the creation of which will be formally submitted to CCA
Annual General Meeting.

Furthermore, we experiment for the first time the "open panel" formula, by
inviting you to submit proposals on the theme "Newness and Emergence in
Digital Media: Theoretical, Epistemological, and Methodological
Considerations" (see the call for papers posted separately).

REMINDER: (Revised) deadline for submitting proposals to CCA conference is:
December 10th, 2012. Submission details at: http://www.acc-cca.ca/

Looking forward to meeting you in Victoria next Spring,
Guillaume Latzko-Toth and Florence Millerand, theme co-chairs, ³Technology
and Emerging Media²
guillaume.latzko-toth at com.ulaval.ca  | millerand.florence at uqam.ca