[Air-L] Why do people apologize for cross-posting?

Whitney Quesenbery whitneyq at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 16:18:00 PST 2012

It's also a way to acknowledge to each group that others are being notified
of the same thing. Some groups have rules or social norms about replies,
archives, etc. so it's polite to let others know that this message is not
exclusively for them.

Or, taking a different perspective, it's nice to know that it might have
already been sent to that other list where you were thinking of posting it.