[Air-L] CFP: The Tablet Symposium - Examining New Media Objects

Ryan Burns R.Burns at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Dec 18 02:01:34 PST 2012

The Tablet Symposium: Examining New Media Objects
University of Sussex, 10th April 2013

CFP
Calling for papers, presentations and discussions of tablets, ipads, kindles, e-readers and other new media artifacts.

We invite contributions to a one-day symposium at the University of Sussex, hosted by the Centre for Material Digital Culture. The aim of the symposium is twofold. On the one hand it aims to examine questions about the take up of tablets, readers and ipads across many walks of life including academic, artistic, pedagogical, medical, corporate, activist and everyday contexts. On the other hand it aims to create a space of dialogue, discussion and research community across this area.

We welcome empirical, theoretical, critical and creative responses to tablets, e-readers and other artifacts.

Please send abstracts by 15 January 2013 to:
r.burns at sussex.ac.uk

Further queries to the conference team are very welcome:
Ryan Burns, Russell Pearce, Kate O’Riordan

Centre for Material Digital Culture:
http://www.sussex.ac.uk/rcmdc/