[Air-L] Literature on online grieving and bereavement

Nathaniel Poor natpoor at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 08:49:20 PST 2012

You might be interested in work on online memorials, such as....

Brubaker, J. R., Kivran-Swaine, F., & Hayes, G. R. (2012). Grief-stricken in a crowd: The language of bereavement and distress in social media. Presented at the International Conference on the Web and Social Media (ICWSM-12). Dublin, Ireland.

Gibbs, M., Mori, J., Arnold, M., & Kohn, T. (2012). Tombstones, uncanny monuments and epic quests: Memorials in World of Warcraft. Game Studies, 12(1). Retrieved from http://gamestudies.org/1201/articles/gibbs_martin

Marwick, A., & Ellison, N. B. (2012). “There isn’t wifi in heaven!” Negotiating visibility on Facebook memorial pages. Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media, 56(3), 378–400.