[Air-L] Facebook-Discrepancy between real and shown number of photos/albums

Eftekhar-Khansari, Azar Azar.Eftekhar at wlv.ac.uk
Sat Dec 1 06:41:38 PST 2012

Hello everyone,

In Facebook, if you check your friend's number of photos or albums you will realize the number which is show by Facebook differ from what you can count or is visible to you. From Facebook help and other guides I found the 2 possibilities below.

1.     About uploaded photos by your friend: Your friend has limited the audience who can view particular photos or videos.

2.     About tagged photos:

*         Either your friend or your friends of friend limited the audience.

*         The friend, who had tagged your friend in a photo, now has inactive account.
I also think, Facebook counts Deleted albums and includes them in the number it displays on your profile. Even in my own profile I can see this discrepancy between the real number of albums I have and the number Facebook displays.

What do you think? Any idea please...

Best wishes

Azar

PhD student of Cyberpsychology