[Air-L] Announcing resources for researchers interested in Facebook

Robert Wilson wilsonreaustin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 16:20:49 PST 2012

Hi everyone,

I’d like to let you know about some resources that might be of interest to
researchers interested in Facebook and other social-media platforms. I’ve
been working on three things that might be of interest to the people on
this list.

*Review Article*

We recently published the first comprehensive review of the Facebook
literature, covering every empirical we could find published on FB through
2011. This project was borne out of a realization that there was a lot of
research out there but we were frustrated not find any source that brought
it all together. I realize, it’s a little shamelessly self-promoting to
post this link, but hopefully some of you will find the article useful for
your work!

Wilson, R. E., Gosling, S. D., & Graham, L. T. (2012). A review of Facebook
research in the social sciences. Perspectives on Psychological Science,
7(3), 203-220.

[link to article: http://bit.ly/1237Jxt ]

*Website    *

http://psych.wustl.edu/robertwilson/A-Z.html

We hope our review article provides a good starting point for getting a
sense for what research has and has not been done on Facebook but that
document is static. So this website provides a rolling bibliography of
every article we could find on Facebook (currently 475 articles). We
attempted to catch them all but we inevitably will have missed some. So
please keep us up-to-date with your research in this area so we can keep
the bibliography current.

*Facebook Group* (of course)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/218411394935203

We created this Facebook Group as a forum for social scientists conducting
research on Facebook (currently 153 members). Please join to see what other
researchers are saying about Facebook (e.g., new findings, best-practice
methods) and share interesting thoughts, papers, queries, or press articles
about Facebook.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions about these
resources.

Robert Wilson

PhD Candidate

Washington University in Saint Louis