[Air-L] Appropriate Approaches to Online Community // Critical Guide

Pip Shea pip at popomo.com
Wed Dec 12 08:15:02 PST 2012

Appropriate Approaches to Online Community is the title of the first
booklet in a series of *critical guides *I have been developing for
community artists. It is an experiment that attempts to translate some of
my PhD research <http://www.popomo.com/work_phd.html> findings. The booklet
was inspired and informed by a period of fieldwork at
CuriousWorks<http://www.curiousworks.com.au>.

The guide explores multiple aspects of making online community networks, so
that practitioners might develop appropriate Internet practices – network
solutions that take the specific needs of individuals and communities in to
consideration. The guide promotes critical approaches to online community
building, to encourage the continuation of creative practices beyond
community arts projects.

The booklet is available as a free PDF.
<http://www.popomo.com/research/blog/?p=842>If you download it, please
leave a comment on the post regarding why the booklet is of interest to you
(this will REALLY, REALLY help me to evaluate the project). The guide is CC
licensed for re-purposing.