[Air-L] Some reflections on Manuel Castells book "Networks of outrage and hope. Social movements in the Internet age"

Scott MacLeod helianth at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 15:40:43 PST 2012

Christian and AoIR,

Thanks - will look more closely at your paper ... Just reading Manuel
Castells' "The Power of Identity" (2004, rev. ed.) here on networks
and environmentalism (pp. 180s). I suspect Castells would see
environmentalism as a network of hope. Does he touch on this in his
new book? (I've taught a course for 7 semesters on 'Society and
Information Technology,' on Harvard's virtual island in SL, engaging a
fascinating course of his I attended at UC Berkeley in 2000). I also
just added your paper and Castells' new book to World University and
School's 'Network Society.' wiki, subject page:
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/Network_Society.

Regards,
Scott

http://scottmacleod.com