[Air-L] Github and corporate software development

Jim Herbsleb jdh at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Dec 18 13:44:07 PST 2012

Colleagues and I are investigating how both professional and casual programmers use GitHub and its social media features to manage their projects, recruit talent, discover user needs, build technical skills, and manage their "micro supply chains." A short, practitioner-oriented piece will appear in IEEE Software next year.  Here's a preprint for any who might be interested:

herbsleb.org/web-pubs/pdfs/dabbish-leveraging-2013.pdf

Jim

Sent from my iPad