[Air-L] Request for PhD Programmes

Peter Gloviczki glovi002 at umn.edu
Mon Dec 24 06:52:14 PST 2012

Dear Tuba,

Thanks for writing. You have many options. I will speak to the United
States, within the area of journalism and/or communication research,
where these programs (presented in alphabetical order) come to mind
for me. There are many excellent programs, in the US and around the
world, and I encourage you to seek out the programs that will be the
best fit for you. I hope this list is helpful as you start your
search.

Happy Holidays, Peter

Columbia University
Indiana University - Bloomington
Michigan State University
Northwestern University
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Stanford University
University of California - Berkeley (Information School)
University of Iowa
University of Minnesota (my alma mater)
University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
University of Oregon
University of Pennsylvania
University of Southern California
University of Texas - Austin
University of Washington
University of Wisconsin

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 8:03 AM, Tuba Aydinoglu <tubaaydinoglu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Currently I am doing a Master's degree in Applied Linguistics and very much
> interested in Social Media and Language.
>
> I have been looking for PhD programs of a number of Universities offering
> research opportunities in Social Media and Language (social cognitive and
> cultural aspects of use and evolution of language on social networking
> platforms such as Facebook, twitter and linked in) and have not been able
> to go far.
>
> I wonder if you could suggest me any PhD programs in this area?
>
> Thank you in advance for your responses and guidance.
>
> Happy Holidays,
>
> Tuba Aydinoglu,
> Sussex University MA Candidate,
> ta209 at sussex.ac.uk