[Air-L] Literature on online grieving and bereavement

Peter Gloviczki glovi002 at umn.edu
Sat Dec 29 04:48:25 PST 2012

Dear CT,

Thanks for writing. This is an important issue and I'm glad more
people are writing about it. Whatever approach you take, you should
read Elizabeth Kubler-Ross and Michael Leming. There is a recent paper
by Alice Marwick in the Journal of Broadcasting and Electronic Media,
about grieving online that will also be of interest to you. My
recently completed dissertation, Journalism in the Age of Social
Media: The Case of the "In Memorial: Virginia Tech" Facebook Group,
which is available in the Digital Dissertations database, might be of
some help as well. From a case study perspective, I recommend the
methodological work of Robert Yin and Robert Stake. I hope this helps,

Peter

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 3:35 AM, Cagla Taskin <ctasquin at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear list members,
>
> I am currently writing my Master's thesis on practices of grieving and bereavement online, with a focus on a suicide survivors forum case study. Any literature recommendations would be highly appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> CT

Peter Joseph Gloviczki, Ph.D.
http://petergloviczki.com