[Air-L] Literature on online grieving and bereavement

Alessandra Micalizzi alessandra.micalizzi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 11:06:29 PST 2012

Hi Cagla,

I did my phd dissertation in 2007 about the on-line communities and personal blogs about mourning and bereavement.
I wrote also some papers in English..they are not strictly focused on suicide survivors communities but maybe they can be useful for you.
A. Micalizzi (2010), Mourning Network: ethnography and new social practices in on-line communities, in Digithum, UOC University press, Barcelona. (it is available on-line for free)
A. Micalizzi (2009), Personal blogs and mourning: the writing of  Self on the Net as a support network in situations of help , Ratio Sociologica, vol 2. n.1, University Chieti-Pescara Press, p.36-50.(if you want I can send you)

Recently I wrote a paper about on-line video memorials on Youtube...it is actually a proceeding
A. Micalizzi (Forthcoming), Video-memorials: a case of emotional grassroots culture, International Conference AIS-PIC, Media industries and Grassroots Cultural Production in the Digital Era, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore.

If you want you can contact me at alessandra.micalizzi at gmail.com
all the best
Alessandra

Alessandra Micalizzi