[Air-L] Software for recording focus groups and interview in virtual worlds

AJ Kelton ajk407 at nyu.edu
Thu Feb 2 20:06:08 PST 2012

I use SnapZ Pro also and its excellent.  Just keep in mind, the longer the
session the larger the files.   So, once you are done recording something
it will need to render before you have a file you can access.  So make sure
to build in time for the file to save and render (and rendering can take a
LONG time sometimes, depending on file size).

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Mark Chen <markchen at u.washington.edu>wrote:

> My research group also uses Snap Z.
>
> mark
>
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 8:42 AM, M.B.Gaved <m.b.gaved at open.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > Hi Katie:
> >
> > A colleague suggests "Try
> http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/or Camtasia for Mac"
> >
> > Kind regards
> > Mark Gaved
> >
> > http://www.xdelia.org
> >

> > Sent: 01 February 2012 13:56
> > To: air-l at listserv.aoir.org
> > Subject: Re: [Air-L] Software for recording focus groups and interview in
> > virtual worlds
> >
> > I should also clarify that I have a Macbook Pro. Thanks!
> >
> > I am about to start conducting in-world focus groups and interviews in
> >
> > Second Life. I may also be record some events.  Could someone
> > recommend a good easy-to use and relatively inexpensive software for
> this?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Katie Vizenor, MLS, MA
> > PhD Candidate, Anthropology, University at Buffalo-SUNY
> >

> > --
> > The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an
> > exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland
> (SC
> > 038302).

> > http://www.aoir.org/
> >

> --
> Mark Chen, PhD | @mcdanger | markdangerchen.net
> Post-Doctoral Scholar | LIFE Center | UW Institute for Science and Math Ed
> Advancing Gaming in Innovative Learning Ecologies (AGILE)
> This was sent from a PC with a full-size keyboard; misspellings and brevity
> are entirely my fault.

-----

AJ Kelton
Director of Emerging Instructional Technology
     College of Humanities and Social Sciences - Montclair State University
Doctoral Student
     Educational Communication and Technology - New York University
http://eld.montclair.edu
Twitter: @ELDConf <http://twitter.com/ELDConf>
Hashtag: #ELD12